Monday 18 November 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 16: The Newsroom


I decided that I wouldn't start watching any new tv shows until after my last exam, this has turned out not to be the huge productivity boost I hoped though, because instead I've just been rewatching The Newsroom. Since it's been my main activity while I've been sick this weekend, I figured why not blog about why it is such a great show that everyone should watch.


If you haven't heard about it, the basic premise is a news company gets in a new Executive Producer and starts creating a news program like no other. Each episode revolves a particular news event from the 2010 BP Oil Spill through to the 2012 US Election.


I refer to this show as 'my daily dose of idealism' it's not entirely realistic, but the characters are all such good people, trying to make a difference. As someone who hopes to change the world I love seeing a show of characters who feel the same. It's fast and witty and intelligent. You learn about the US economy and government, while having your heart broken and falling in love with every character. And of course there are some good old classic Aaron Sorkin inspiring speeches.

I don't want to say anymore because I don't want to spoil it,  I just want everyone ever to watch it.


Ps. These screencaps are not mine, credit to thenewsroomcaps.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment