Saturday 30 November 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 28: Young Adult Fiction

You've probably heard recently talk that young adult fiction is no longer just for teenagers. This realization of society could not have come at a better time for me as I am just leaving teenagehood behind, But it's a genre I truly don't think I'll ever leave behind, they are the kind of books that grip you so hard you can't put them down and often retain a kind of optimism that seems to be lost by many adults. There are themes about uncertainty, the future and life which may originate in teen years but I think resonate with all ages. I've been loving reliving a lot of favourites recently, as soon as my eldest cousin finished reading Harry Potter I began feeding her books to read- last christmas with City of Bones and The Northern Lights. I couldn't have been prouder when today after I gave her a copy of Tomorrow When The War Began and I compared it to The Hunger Games as a dystopian teen story. My family were all like 'woah what are these fancy words you use', but my cousin said "No I know what Dystopian means because it is what Mia is studying in the 7th Princess Diaries!"

If ever in need of something really great to read please come to me! Anyway who is to say when an adult stops being young?

No comments:

Post a Comment