Sunday 10 November 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 8: Three Weeks and One Day


Three weeks and One day until I board a plane for Italy! Crazy to think how soon it is now, given that way back in January saying goodbye to Greta and knowing I wouldn't see her for a year does not seem all that long ago at all. I leave the day after the end of NaBloPoMo so I'm sure this will be one of many updates. After much umm-ing and ahh-ing and waiting and deliberating tonight I decided it had been long enough and I was going to sit down and get everything booked in- trains, accommodation, everything! You don't need to tell me that I'm cutting it a bit close with only 3 weeks to go. However after 3 hours of research, I'd only found 2 of the 5 places I need to stay, and concluded that there is literally no where for me to stay in Florence. I'm not asking for a lot, all I want is an all female dorm that is actually in the city of Florence and doesn't have bedbugs. Apparently that's all too much though. I've decided to put myself to bed now and hopefully my next update will be one of much more productivity. I'm going to spend the rest of the night reading Alain De Botton's 'The Art of Travel' and remember that with all the difficulties of travel come all the wonders which are why I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment