Thursday 9 January 2014

Britt Roams Roma



Rome was where I was flying solo. I had only two days in Rome and was sure to savor every minute. Day one held The Colosseum, The Forum, The Palatine Hill, The Trevi Fountain and The Pantheon. Rome is an incredibly touristy city which I had mixed feelings about. I hated that the fact I was foreign seemed to make it permissible for me to be constantly harassed, scammed or touched. It didn't take long for me to be completely fed up with people trying to sell me things or make me come on their tours, I hated people grabbing my wrists trying to 'give' me bracelets and pointedly did not go to any restaurant where people outside creepily 'complimented' me to come in. However there were some parts of the tourist atmosphere that I loved. I adored the buzz of the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps, it's so invigorating to see so many happy and relaxed people from all over the world coming together. I also loved that at night at the hostel that I was able to eat dinner with people from America, China, Poland and Holland, I love that when traveling it's so easy to bond with other travelers from all over the world. My second day was mainly spent at The Vatican City and museum, being enthralled by The Sistine Chapel. I also managed to fit in some Caravaggio paintings, a visit to the Trevi by dark and a four cheese pizza and tiramasu.




No comments:

Post a Comment