Tuesday 11 March 2014

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day! Though slightly belated March is still Women's History Month so it's still fitting. I'd like to celebrate by acknowledging some of my favourite inspirational women.

Bella Guerin
Bella Guerin was the first woman to graduate from an Australian University. She earned her Bachelor of Arts from The University of Melbourne in 1883 and went on to become a suffragette and activist. Thanks to her the road was paved for me and millions of other woman to gain our education.


Valentina Tereshkova
 I firmly believe one day I will travel to space even though I know it will be an extremely difficult process. However it will not be as hard for me now as it was for Valentina Tereshkova- the first woman to visit space in 1963.

JK Rowling
A woman who shaped the childhood of myself and countless others, who came from extreme poverty but was still able to create such magic and share it with the world.


Mindy Kaling
An idol for funniness and cuteness. But also an idol for determination. " I knew if I was going to have my own show, I’d have to do it myself. Because no one is going to write a show for a chubby brown woman. It’s hard enough to make it if you’re a thin, conventionally attractive woman."



No comments:

Post a Comment