Wednesday 23 April 2014

'I Can't Braid' hair tutorial 1- Milkmaid Braids


 I love playing with my hair and doing it in cute or crazy hairstyles. However I cannot for the life of me braid my own hair, which is quite a limitation. Pretty much every single hair tutorial I look at online assumes it's prior common knowledge and always leaves me stumped. So I thought I would start a series here of tutorials of my favourite do's that require zero braiding.

My first one was originally inspired by the wonderful Jane Bennett from the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and is amazingly simple but people are always surprised to hear it does not involve any braids, all you'll need are bobby pins.

1. Part hair down the middle



2. Split hair into two segments. Plait one segment, starting the plait up as high as possible


3. Fold the plait over the top of your head, as far forward or back as you like, and secure it with bobby pins


4. Repeat on the other side. Then pin down any fly away bits or bits that feel like they'll fall out with your good old friends- bobby pins.
Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment