Tuesday 8 April 2014

Snakadaktal



August 2012 at the corner hotel, just a few days after my eighteenth birthday, was the first time I heard Snakadaktal play. It's a very special memory for me, as it was my first time going out to a bar with my friends, and then the first 18+ gig I went to. At the time I barely knew Snakadaktal and the excitement was all about the milestone. It was my first introduction to the wonder of cheap local gigs. Since then I've seen the band perform three times and my love for them has only grown. So when they announced earlier this year that after 5 years the band was breaking up, I was sufficiently heartbroken. Tess and I were lucky enough to snag tickets to their last ever show. They performed for the final time last week at the Northcote Social Club, and it was a fantastic goodbye. Melbourne will miss you Snakadaktal, and we look forward to seeing what you all go on to do in the future.

 Snakadaktal

 Fan's shiny sign during the song Boy


No comments:

Post a Comment