Wednesday 14 May 2014

Live Below The Line- Eight Hundred and Sixty Three Dollars



Completed! My week of eating off two dollars a day is done, and though I'm glad it's over I'm even more glad that I did it. I learnt a lot, gained perspective and raised a lot of money! My current total is at $863 thanks to all of you amazing people who donated. This money we raised together will provide training for two teachers and pay for school supplies and uniforms for 3 children for 3 years. Or perhaps the money will go toward 16 scholarships for students to complete their schooling. Or it could provide text books for 295 students. And this is just a small part of what Live Below The Line as a whole has achieved, the overall money raised by the 10 thousand Australian Participants is currently $1,400,000.  Access to quality education is the key to breaking the poverty cycle, and I'm so happy to have been able to contribute to that. I'm feeling so thankful for my quality of life, and the opportunities available to me, I hope that I can use these privileges to help others. Thankyou so much to everyone who helped with this particular event!

I'm still collecting donations, so if you want to be a part of this fantastic cause you still can be, up until June 30! https://www.livebelowtheline.com.au/me/brittany_bertram

No comments:

Post a Comment