Sunday 3 November 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 1: Rosie

I've decided to do NaBloPoMo this month for those of you who haven't heard of it (like me until yesterday) check it out! The reason for my decision is because I'm almost finished with uni and very soon am going to have not very much to do which is not a good thing for me. I thought this would be a nice thing to do to keep me from going insane and wasting away. I'm a few days behind and i'm not sure how I'll go but lets see!

Although we don't really celebrate Halloween here, I was very excited for it this year purely for my costume idea which I had stolen from the wonderful Leslie Knope; The feminist icon Rosie the Riveter or better known as the We Can Do It lady. The poster which was originally created in World War II to encourage women out of the home and into the work force has been contextualized for the feminist movement countless times throughout history.


No comments:

Post a Comment